The GemPen® provides professional users with the means to efficiently determine whether a diamond, ruby or sapphire is natural, synthetic (man-made) or treated (visually improved to increase the value). The tool is portable, durable and gives instant results. GemPen® is used to validate gemstones. GemPen® can help the professional user to identify various treatments (HPHT, CVD, irradiation ect.)in natural and synthetic gemstones. The GemPen® uses high-power UV light and specific wavelenght filters to produce the destinct fluorescence or phosporescence in the gemstone.
In the field:
GemPen® is portable, reliable and battery operated.
From rough to mounted:
Works on diamonds, rubies and sapphires. Both with rough and polished gemstones as well as with mounted and unmounted pieces.
With instant results
Easily interchangeable filters, instant optical validation and GemPen® Academy accessible online and offline.
- Hexagonal Pen Grip
- Interchangeable Filters
- USB-C Standard For Recharging
- Dust & Rain Proof
- Shock resistant, with protective casing
- Highly Durable
- Easy to use
- Hard case designed to be used as darkroom
1. Enables professional users to validate the identity of gemstones
2. Can distinguish natural from synthetic gemstones
3. Can identify treatment of gemstone